General Description Purpose
The Digital Marketing Specialist will develop strategies and tactics to promote events and initiatives, drive qualified traffic to the Foundation websites, and ultimately increase conversions for event attendance and donations. They will help develop and execute successful marketing campaigns, working collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications division as well as partners throughout the Foundation and university. They will also identify opportunities to increase page optimization and user experience, recommend improvements to web structure, layout, and templates, as appropriate, and identify how personas and user journeys can inform these strategies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Develop strategies to acquire, retain, and engage active alumni, parents, donors, and friends of the University.
Identify ways to improve structure, layout, and copy for events and giving platforms, and experiment with strategies for driving qualified traffic to those platforms.
Work with Design & Editorial on developing creative for web and social media ads and improving user experience across Foundation web properties.
Partner with Business Intelligence Department to develop metrics for success, such as creating goals in Google Analytics, analyzing conversion funnels, and improving SEO.
Recommend, develop, and implement web marketing strategies for multichannel campaigns, such as remarketing tools and Google AdWords campaigns.
Assist with development of placemats, engagement opportunities, and touchpoints associated with the Phonathon program.
Other duties as assigned.
- Strong user focus with a proven ability to uncover insights about pain points and create strategies to overcome barriers
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proven analytical skills, with experience in Google Analytics or similar tool.
- Ability to work to the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40-hour work week.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in digital marketing, communications or a related field and thorough knowledge of best practices.
- Solid understanding of web management, design and development processes.
- Understanding of technical aspects such as server response times, SSL certificates, caching, redirects, etc. for the purpose of maintaining a quality site and ranking in Google search results.
- Advanced knowledge of the WordPress platform. Experience with an events or fundraising/crowdfunding platform helpful.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS
- Exposure to and understanding of copywriting and design.