General Description Purpose
The Administrative Assistant, Athletics is responsible for coordinating the administrative functions for a team of five development positions and serving as a liaison with Foundation staff, University staff and donors.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned positions’ calendars for all appointments and meetings.
- Make travel arrangements to ensure timely and cost-effective travel with limited direction including preparation of itineraries.
- Coordinate meetings and site visits for prospects, donors, and others. Handle logistics including facilities and food arrangements, meeting agendas, and other relevant materials. Follow-up post meetings as needed.
- Work with the Research Department to compile analytical data as requested.
- Collaborate with multiple Foundation departments and University units to organize and coordinate special projects.
- Provide support with donor activity database updates including new donor prospect biographical information, contact reports entry and preliminary prospect research.
- Run activity, financial, and other development reports available. Coordinate with others as needed for special reports.
- Gather preliminary prospect research as needed from internet sources, databases, FELIX (internal donor database), and files.
- Assist with stewardship activities such as generating acknowledgement letters and helping coordinate donor benefits.
- Maintain and track departmental budget including reconciliation of expenditures.
- Prepare, submit, and track expense reimbursement on a timely basis.
- Proofread departmental written materials.
- Draft initial prospect meeting briefs and coordinate with Prospect Research to gather more in-depth information as needed.
- Provide administrative support including typing, filing, copying, and faxing.
- Screen incoming telephone calls and assist callers whenever possible.
- Assist with donor related events when needed: including pre-event planning, registration and post-event wrap up.
- Provide back-up support for home football club seats and VIP area for home men’s and women’s basketball. This will require the ability to work outside of normal business hours, but with advance notice.
- Manage single game requests from donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of team to meet organizational goals.
- Dependable and flexible with a willingness to adapt to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a support role orientation.
- Display integrity and accountability in area of responsibility.
- Critical thinking abilities and proactive approach.
- Effective in communicating in person, via email, or phone.
- Well-organized self-starter who can manage time effectively and who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative capacity.
- Minimum one year of athletic related experience (marketing, development, communications) preferred
- Understanding and interest in athletics programs preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven experience managing time effectively.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and prioritize workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proofreading.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple details in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to engender trust and confidence of donors and prospective donors and to maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Ability to be congenial, professional, and effective in handling situations with donors, Foundation staff, University staff, and visitors.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Proficient with MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel. Demonstrated ability to work in multiple system environments.