The UConn Foundation offers donors the ability to text a $10 donation to either the Fund for UConn or several other causes.
How it Works
1. Open your text messaging app on your phone.
2. Text 50555 the following: “uconn [name and grad year(s) if an alum].”
For example: “uconn Jonathan Husky 15.” Unless you specify an area of support (below), the donation will go to the Fund for UConn.
3. You’ll get a response confirming the donation. Respond “YES.”
A $10.00 donation will then be made to the mGive Foundation to support to University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. Charges will appear on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance. All purchases must be authorized by account holder. Must be 18 years of age or have parental permission to participate. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 50555 to STOP. Text HELP to 50555 for HELP.
Full Terms: www.mGive.org/T.
Areas of Support
|uconn||Fund for UConn|
|uconn basketball||Werth Family UConn Basketball Champions Center|
|uconn huskies||Husky Excellence Fund|
|uconn scholarships||General Scholarship Fund|
|uconn athletic scholarship||Husky Annual Scholarship Fund|
|uconn parents||Parents Fund|
|uconn stamps||Student Excellence & Scholarship Fund|
|uconn students||Students First Fund|
|uconn agriculture||College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources Dean’s Fund|
|uconn clas||College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean’s Fund|
|uconn business||School of Business Dean’s Fund|
|uconn engineering||School of Engineering Dean’s Fund|
|uconn arts||School of Fine Arts Dean’s Fund|
|uconn education||Neag School of Education Dean’s Fund|
|uconn nursing||School of Nursing Dean’s Fund|
|uconn pharmacy||School of Pharmacy Dean’s Fund|
|uconn social work||School of Social Work Dean’s Fund|
|uconn health||Fund for UConn Health|
|uconn dental||School of Dental Medicine Annual Fund|
|uconn medicine||School of Medicine Annual Fund|
|uconn library||Homer Babbidge Library Unrestricted Fund|
|uconn activities||Student Affairs Activities Fund|
|uconn band||UConn Marching Band|
|uconn honors||Honors Program|
|uconn newtown||Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship|
The Fine Print
- A $10.00 donation will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. The donation is tax-deductible as permitted by law.
- All donations must be authorized by the account holder. User must be age 18 or older or have parental permission to participate. By texting YES, the user agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers.
- Donations are collected for the benefit of the University of Connecticut Foundation by the Mobile Giving Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.mGive.org/T.
- With the exception of gifts to the Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund, all text gifts are subject to the UConn Foundation’s fee policy.
Message and data rates may apply.
You may get more information about how to stop, get help, or get information on your donation at: mgivefoundation.org/terms-of-service.aspx
To receive an official receipt of your gift, please visit: mgivefoundation.org/Receipt/
Text STOP to 50555 to STOP. Text HELP to 50555 for HELP.