Physician Creates Fellowship for Future Practitioners

Avatar photo
Jennifer Doak-Mathewson

< 1 min read

Dr. Lindsay Schine '89“When I look back to when I was accepted at the University School of Medicine, it was one of the greatest days of my life,” said Dr. Lindsay Schine (’89 MD).

Thanks to her, other students can feel that rush of excitement—and know that they have the support of someone who walked their path. Dr. Schine, along with husband Michael Klingher, established a fellowship fund that provides support for students in the School of Medicine. She hopes that it will enable more students to choose primary care as their vocation.

Along with scholarship recipient Ashwini Joshi ’16, Dr. Schine is starring in a WNPR radio segment that will be broadcast statewide in early February:

[Listen to Schine’s NPR Segment]

Since receiving her M.D. from UConn, Dr. Schine has enjoyed a successful 25-year career practicing internal medicine at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System in West Haven, Conn.

Now she feels that it’s her turn to give back to the University that has given her so much.

“Receiving a scholarship to UConn changed my life,” she said. “I’m eternally grateful for the opportunities it provided me. I hope my story will inspire others to invest in scholarships.”

Jonathan at an event in Hartford CT
Connect with fellow Huskies
Don't miss out on alumni events and more