General Description Purpose
The Alumni Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing logistical functions related to alumni programs and events. This includes coordination of event registration and on-site event materials, event contract management, vendor negotiation and purchasing, as well as additional support for the Engagement and Events teams. In addition, this individual will coordinate inventory and storage for event equipment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate event registration process including accuracy of registration data, nametags, registration packets, and post event reconciliation.
- Fully understand and apply functionality of the on-line registration module. As required, handle on-site registration set-up and walk-in registration processing.
- Develop and implement a tracking system to monitor process of all event contracts from initial receipt through signatory status in support of the Engagement and Events teams.
- Work directly with the Legal department to complete vendor contracts according to business policies and applicable state and federal law.
- Understand objectives of the event and assemble and arrange delivery of appropriate on-site event materials. Monitor event materials and equipment inventory to ensure adequate quantities and safe keeping of cameras and other materials.
- Provide support for events team including operating plan tracking, events calendar management, and reporting.
- Lead planning & execution for annual Tip Off Buffets, Close to Home reception, and other events as needed.
- Develop strong knowledge of alumni database and reporting capabilities in support of event programming.
- Assist with staffing local events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understands the value of and delivers excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively use on-line databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to effectively review complex documents with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; works collaboratively with colleagues.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and complex organizational environment.
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends (no overnight travel).
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, business or hospitality preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in administrative support, event coordination, marketing or similar preferred.
- Experience working with CRM databases highly preferred