The Department of Educational Leadership (EDLR) at UConn’s Neag School of Education engages in high-quality scholarship and develops leaders who connect theory, practice, policy, and assessment within such academic programs as educational leadership; education policy; higher education and student affairs; and sport management.
In preparing principals, superintendents, sport management professionals, coaches, and higher education administrators as dynamic leaders in their field, EDLR actively engages in partnerships and public engagement opportunities with far-reaching communities and agencies at the local and national levels. EDLR’s diverse partners include neighborhoods in Connecticut’s capital city of Hartford, teaching academies in the Middle East, and education philanthropy organizations such as the Wallace Foundation, among others.
Learn more about the programming, students, alumni, research scholars, and partnerships from across EDLR focused on taking educational leadership and scholarship to the next level:
- Changing Principal Preparation to Help Meet School Needs
- Q&A: Glanville Brings Major League Experience to UConn
- Ph.D. Student Pauline Batista Seeks to Support Youth’s Voice
- Annual Forum Features State Education Leaders
- 10 Questions With Connecticut’s Superintendent of the Year
- UConn Plays Host to International Sport Mentoring Program
- Wallace Foundation Names Neag School Part of $47M Principal Preparation Program Initiative