Get Your Science On
UConn’s popular Science Salon series has a new slate of topics starting in October. Conceived as a way for the state’s university to share the cutting-edge research of its renowned faculty with the public, the Science Salon will hold six events through the spring.
Three will be held in Stamford, and three in Hartford. Come to one or all of the Salons, where alumni, business leaders, and guests join top UConn scientists and researchers to examine technological developments, debate health and human behavior, and advance discussions on current issues in a fun atmosphere. Bring your friends: The evening is a chance to do something different, learn, geek out a bit, and enjoy a cocktail. Here’s a sneak peek of the topics on deck.
- October 6: 3D printing in health and style
- November 10: medical marijuana
- January 19, 2017: personal information as a commodity
- March 2, 2017: cancer and the family
- April 6, 2017: food waste
- June 8, 2017: the creative process and business
Reserve your tickets in the coming weeks by checking the Science Salon website.