The UConn Foundation, Inc., (EIN 06-6070722) is a separate tax-exempt corporation that provides the following tax and legal information to the public.
Tax and Disclosure
- Statement on Public Disclosures and Legislative Proposals: Information about the legislative proposals that were under consideration by the Connecticut State Legislature in early 2015.
- Statement of Disclosure: Statement of what the foundation provides to university officials, state auditors, and donors.
- IRS Determination Letter: Statement recognizing the UConn Foundation as an exempt 501(c)(3).
- FY14 Form 990: The latest audited tax form for the UConn Foundation.
- About Institutionally Related Foundations: Why foundations are separate nonprofit organizations, the benefits they provide to the university and donors, and a brief overview of disbursements and disclosures.
- UConn Foundation Bylaws: The UConn Foundation, Inc., bylaws, adopted by the Board of Directors in 2015.
- Certificate of Incorporation: Document stating the purpose, structure, and limitations of the incorporated UConn Foundation.
- Board of Directors Conflict of Interest policy: A statement regarding conflicts of interest, duty of care, and duty of loyalty for members of the UConn Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors.
- Operating Agreement Between UConn and the UConn Foundation: Document outlining the relationship between the University and the Foundation.
Donor Privacy and Fundraising Policies
- Endowed Fund Spending Allocation and Fee Policy: Information on the percentage of funds allocated for endowments and the fees assessed on non-endowed contributions.
- Endowed Spending Policy: Full legal language on the endowed fund spending allocation.
- State Fundraising Notices: Charitable contribution laws and information for residents of states that require fundraising notices.
- UConn Health HIPAA Opt-Out Form: According to the privacy provisions of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, UConn Health and the UConn Foundation can use certain information to contact you. Fill out this form if you would like to opt out of these fundraising communications.