Be sure to follow Ignite on:
WHAT'S NEW WITH IGNITE 2014 (April 17, 2014)
Ignite Results 2014!
In total, 1,656 individuals gave $42,291.74 to all of the 18 participating teams combined.
- 54 individuals gave to more than one group and one 2013 grad gave to five groups!
- For the donations that counted towards the Ignite competition – students and young alumni – 1,349 individuals gave $26,176.63.
- 48% of the 1,349 student and young alumni donors made their FIRST donation ever to UConn this year.
- Highest Number of Overall Donors: HuskySport, 362 donors
375 donations for $11,165 or 46% of the donations came in during the last week!
Top Awards: Highest Number of Student & Young Alumni (’03 – ’13) Donors
- 1st Place - $10,000 – HuskySport
- 2nd Place - $5,000 – UConn Marching Band
- 3rd Place - $3,000 – Community Outreach
- 4th Place - $1,500 – Asian American Cultural Center’s Pan-Asian Council
Ignite Excellence Awards
- Highest number of overall donors in weeks 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8: (4) $500. HuskySport ($1,500), Marching Band ($500)
- Half-Way Point (3/9/14): Highest Number of Student & Young Alumni (’03 – ’13) Donors - $1,500 – HuskySport
- Highest number of student donors at the end of the competition: $1,000 – Community Outreach
- Highest number of young alumni donors at the end of the competition: $1,000 – HuskySport
- Highest number of dollars raised at the end of the competition: $1,000 – UConn Marching Band
- Best Ignite-related video at the end of the competition: $1,000 – UConn Marching Band
*NEW* 2nd Best Ignite-related video at the end of the competition: $500 – TEDxUConn
- Honorable Mention: UConn Sailing Team – Raised $9,500 on their own!
- Most creative marketing – TEDxUConn (Blooper reel)
- Best Ignite Social Media Platform and/or Use – Marching Band
- Best Ignite solicitation for students – Community Outreach (Buzzfeed)
- Best Ignite solicitation for Young Alumni – TEDxUConn (appeal to UConn Alumni Association Chapters)
- Best Ignite related event – Formula SAE (Chance to drive the car!)
Best donor stewardship and recognition – TBD!
Show your pride: Join the Student Philanthropy Association!
Use your skills, innovation and creativity to give back and better UConn for future Huskies. By serving on the SPA, you can help raise money for UConn and gain direct experience in marketing, philanthropy, and fundraising while working alongside Foundation and University staff, influential donors and others.
This is a unique opportunity to personally influence the success of YOUR student giving campaign and build your resume with new skills that will help you in your future career, wherever your path may lead.
For more information
Students Today. Huskies Forever.